Composed by: Grant Kelly
The Great Divergence
- Are we beginning to see more narrative heavy games take center stage as the graphics reach a point where we can fully attach ourselves to the character(s) in the story?
- On the flip side, are we seeing more games moving away from single-player and instead move towards multiplayer only, like Destiny, Titanfall, The Division, etc.?
- Could single-player games make a return in the form of single-player/multiplayer hybrids, like Demon's Souls, Watch Dogs, Dragon's Dogma, etc.?
- Have budgets reached a point where it's nearly impossible to make a return of profits funding these "AAAA" titles?
- Would the death of Call of Duty bring about change in the industry?