Theme: As Time Goes By (Casablanca Theme)
- Are these art styles here because of the graphics gap between consoles and PCs?
- Are they a key differentiator from realism?
- What does it say about these art styles that Borderlands' use of them and subsequent success was very much unintended?
- What do you think would have happened if Borderlands was released as a realistic game?
Round Up the Usual Gimmicks
- Are gimmick features very niche, providing significant immersion for a very narrow window of games?
- Does the burden for finding creative solutions for these features rest with the developers?
- Do these features tend to ultimately fall out due to lack of effort from the developers, (e.g. Kinect voice commands) or are they truly meant to stick to casual/family games?